Editor’s Note: This is the TechSummit Lead, a daily technology recap that goes beyond the headlines.
- Facebook won’t use its power to attempt swaying of the upcoming U.S. presidential election.
- San Francisco Uber and Lyft drivers will soon have to register for a business permit to continue earning money with the ride-sharing platforms.
- Yelp has added a Request a Quote feature to allow customers to request price quotes from businesses without leaving the site.
- Quartet Health, a company that wants to close the gap between physical and mental healthcare, has raised a $40 million Series B funding round led by GV.
- Google’s User Data Policy for the Chrome Web Store has been updated to “ensure transparent use of the data in a way that is consistent with the wishes and expectations of users.”
- Naked Labs has unveiled a 3D fitness tracker that scans your entire body with a mirror and a scale to capture your weight and body outline.
- Huawei has launched Huawei VR at a Shanghai press event. The headset comes in three models for slotting in the company’s P9 lineup and the Mate 8.