Editor’s Note: This is the TechSummit Lead, a daily recap of the top technology headlines.
- Starting in May, Netflix apps will get a data saver feature that lets people set their own consumption limits.
- On Thursday, Apple announced that it was working with Will.i.am and veteran TV executives Ben Silverman and Howard Owens on a new show that spotlights the app economy.
- According to Oculus CEO Brendan Iribe, deliveries of the company’s Rift headset will begin on Monday.
- The latest update to Swarm uses check-in data to build a history of what you and your friends have been up to with a redesigned profile tab highlighting check-ins, streaks, and photos posted while out and about.
- Line announced plans to give developers access to its upcoming chat bot API, web apps, and support for location-aware beacons at a company event in Tokyo.