Editor’s Note: This is the TechSummit Lead, a daily recap that goes beyond the headlines.
- YouTube has acquired 554,328 square feet of office space in the division’s hometown of San Bruno, CA for $215 million.
- AMD has reported its Q4 2015 earnings with a net loss of $102 million ($0.13/share).
- IBM reported fourth quarter earnings of $4.5 billion ($4.59/share) on revenue of $22.0 billion.
- Open networking software startup Big Switch Networks has raised $48.5 million in a Series C round from a group of investors including Khosla Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Michael Dell’s MSD Capital.
- Patreon has raised $30 million in Series B funding led by Thrive Capital.
- Trello is launching a new Power-Ups platform to make its app more powerful and useful with third-party tools, and announced that 12 million people now use the service.