- Google is hiring consumer electronic experts from Amazon’s Lab126 to jumpstart its new Project Aura wearable technology effort.
- Bloomberg has signed a data agreement with Twitter to showcase tweets in its Professional service.
- Microsoft has brought a Windows 10-esque Start Menu to Windows RT-powered devices.
- Oracle’s revenues have declined 1.7% to $8.45 billion in the quarter that ended on August 31st.
- Microsoft will be retiring Zune services on November 15th. Customers will be converted to the company’s Groove Music service.
- Lightspeed POS, a Canada-based startup that provides apps and other services for managing and selling inventory at storefronts, has picked up $61 million in new funding.