Editor’s Note: This is the TechSummit Lead, a technology news recap that goes beyond the headlines.
- Sharp is pulling out of the North American television market, as the Osaka, Japan-based company sold a Mexico facility to Hisense, which will use the Sharp brand in North and South America.
- Yahoo has acquired style-focused community Polyvore, which will be working out of t’s Sunnyvale, CA; New York; and San Francisco offices.
- Judge Lucy Koh has affirmed a magistrate judge’s decision to tell the U.S. government to get a warrant to obtain historical location information about “target” mobile phones.
- 88,000 Nvidia Shield tablets sold between July 2014 and July 2015 have been recalled for a fire risk.
- Dropbox has launched an app for the Roku, allowing you to view your photos and videos directly on your TV.
- Selfie app Frontback will continue operations, after finding a new partner.