PITTSBURGH – The Kraft Heinz Company has announced its new senior leadership team.
“Our new leadership team represents the best of the best in business with proven track records for delivering results. I am thrilled that this world-class group of executives will join me to further strengthen our iconic brands with our industry-leading go-to-market strategies, innovation pipeline, and global infrastructure.”
-Bernardo Hees, Kraft Heinz Company CEO
Here is the team:
- Paulo Basilio is the company’s EVP and Chief Financial Officer. Basilio joined Heinz in June 2013 as its CFO. He is responsible for finance functions, and investor relations.
- Matt Hill is the company’s Europe Zone President. Hill has been Zone President for Heinz Europe since June 2013. Before then, he was Heinz UK & Ireland’s President and Chief Marketing Officer.
- Emin Mammadov is the company’s Russia, India, and Middle East, Turkey & Africa Zone President. Mammadov joined Heinz in 2006 as Heinz Russia’s Marketing Director and has served as the company’s RIMEA President since 2013.
- Michael Mullen is the company’s SVP of Corporate and Government Affairs. Mullen will be responsible for leading internal and external communications, CSR, and government affairs. He will also be responsible for the company’s foundation, real estate, and facilities.
- Eduardo Pelleissone is the company’s EVP of Global Operations. Pelleissone will be accountable for the company’s supply chain, quality, procurement, and operations functions in globally. Pelleissone joined Heinz in July 2013 as its head of operations.
- Marcos Romaneiro is the company’s Asia Pacific Zone Presient. Romaneiro has been Heinz Asia Pacific’s Zone President since June 2014. He joined Heinz in 2013 as its SVP of Global Finance.
- Francisco Sa is the company’s Latin America Zone President. Sa joined Heinz in June 2014 as Heinz Latin America’s Zone President.
- Jim Savina is the company’s SVP, General Counsel, and Corporate Secretary. Savina joined Kraft in 2013, serving in leadership positions and as Chief Compliance Officer. In his new role, Savina will lead the company’s legal operations.
- Melissa Werneck is the company’s SVP of Global Human Resources, Perfomance, and IT. Werneck joined Heinz in July 2013 and led its talent development and the Integrated Management System.
- George Zoghbi is the company’s US commercial business Chief Operating Officer. Zobhbi will lead the company’s $19 billion U.S. business. Zoghbi has been Kraft’s COO since February, and joined the company in 2007 as Australia and New Zealand’s Vice President and Area Director.
Canada will also become a standalone zone reporting directly to Hees, because of the combined business’ size. The area’s president will be announced in August. Chris Kempczinski will remain with the company until September to assist the transition He will assist with Canada’s integration, and support the rollout of Kraft brands outside North America. Kempczinski was most recently the company’s EVP of Growth and International President.
The following will report to Zoghbi:
- Eduardo Luz is the company’s U.S. Ketchup, Condiments, Sauces, Dressings, and Frozen business president. This includes Kraft and Heinz’s entire U.S. condiments and frozen portfolio. Luz joined Heinz in June 2013 and was promoted to serve as Heinz North America’s Zone President.
- Joe Fragnito is the company’s U.S. Beverages and Snack Nuts business president. Fragnito joined Kraft in 2000 and most recently was its VP of Marketing for Meal Combinations (Lunchables).
- Howard Friedman is the company’s U.S. Cheese & Dairy business president. Friedman joined Kraft in 1997 and was most recently Kraft’s U.S. Cheese & Dairy division president.
- Mark Magnesen is the company’s U.S. meat business president. Magnesen joined Kraft in 1991, and was most recently Oscar Mayer division president, which includes management of its namesake brand and Lunchables.
- Tom Lopez is the company’s U.S. Meal Solutions & Desserts business president.
- David Toy is the company’s U.S. Foodservice president. Toy joined Heinz in 2008, most recently serving as Heinz’s North American Foodservice business managing director.
- Sergio Nahuz is the company’s head of U.S. sales. Nahuz joined Heinz in July 2013 as Heinz Europe’s CFO and most recently served as Managing Director for Heinz’s U.S. Consumer Products business.
- Andre Maciel is the company’s head of U.S. Commercial Finance, which includes U.S. Budget and Business Planning (BBP), Zero Based Budgeting and Revenue Management. Maciel joined Heinz as the global leader of BBP and Revenue Management. He will report to CFO Paulo Basilio.
- Nina Barton is the company’s SVP of Marketing Innovation, Research and Development. Barton joined Kraft in 2011 and was most recently the company’s VP of Coffee Marketing.
The following will remain with the company for a transition period:
- Diane Johnson May, Kraft EVP of Human Resources, will leave in December, but will work full-time as a “close advisor” to Hees and Melissa Werneck.
- Tom Corley, Kraft EVP of U.S. Sales, will work with Nahuz until November.