LG has unveiled the G4 Beat, a mid-range version of its G4 flagship.
“Too often, mid-tier phones sacrifice overall usability in order to include that one killer feature. Our goal with the LG G4 Beat was to create a phone that was not only well-balanced in terms of display, camera, performance, and design, but delivered terrific value and satisfaction.”
-Juno Cho, LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company president and CEO
The LG G4 Beat comes with a 5.2-inch 1080p (423ppi) IPS display with a 1.5GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with integrated 4G LTE.
The phone also comes with an 8MP rear-facing camera, supported by the company’s color spectrum sensor and laser autofocus. Manual Mode allows full creative control over every detail in each photo. LG also packs in a 5MP front-facing shooter with Gesture Interval Shot, which allows users to take four consecutive selfies with a hand gesture.
The G4 Beat will launch this month in key Europe and Latin America markets including France, Germany, and Brazil before rolling out in markets like Canada, India, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, and Turkey. Here’s the rest of the spec sheet:
- Memory: 8GB internal, 1.5GB RAM
- Camera: 8MP rear (13MP rear in Latin America)
- Battery: 2,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Dimensions:7 x 72.6 x 9.85mm; 139g
- Network: 4G LTE, HSPA+ 42.2Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: 11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, A-GPS, Glonass, USB 2.0
- Colors: Silver, White, Gold