Samsung has unveiled the Galaxy Tab Active, which is the company’s first specifically business-focused tablet.
JK Shin, Samsung Electronics CEO and head of IT and mobile communication:
“Samsung understands today’s businesses have demanding requirements to enable growth. As a trusted global leader in mobile technology, Samsung is ready and able to deliver solutions built specifically for professional use, featuring innovative offerings and technological capabilities that are unmatched anywhere in the market.”
The Tab Active represents Sammy’s commitment to “meeting customer needs.” The Korean outfit engaged in a series of advisory group workshops with Fortune 500 companies to “learn what business leaders wanted from a mobile device for optimal performance and efficiency.” Top companies across vertical markets like retail, logistics and transportation participated, providing feedback that went directly into the Galaxy Tab Active’s development.
“No Limitations, Increased Productivity”
The Tab Active is ready to take on the harshest work settings, and its slim, light premium, robust design coupled with a replaceable battery allows users to work efficiently wherever and whenever it’s needed.
- Anti-shock covering: The Galaxy Tab Active can withstand a 1.2 meter drop with the protective cover on, and is water and dust resistant with IP67 certification.
- 3.1MP Auto Focus Camera: The Tab Active’s Autofocus camera can scan barcodes, and the tablet’s NFC technology saves time on communications and work process management.
- C-Pen: Samsung’s C-Pen is installed at the top of the protective Galaxy Tab Active cover to provide professionals who may have to wear gloves with an alternative input method to their finger right out of the box.
- 10-hour battelife:For professionals that find themselves constantly away from the power outlet, near continuous usage is supported by up to 10 hours of battery life. However, with its detachable nature, you can always swap the battery out for a fresh battery when necessary. Also, the built-in POGO pin charging prevents the micro-USB connector to be damaged while allowing multiple devices to be charged when returning to the office.
The Tab Active is supported by Sammy’s KNOX platform for a comprehensive mobile security solution. This reinforced security keeps applications and data safe in a professional’s own secure space without the need for third-party platforms and additional costs.
The company also provides Mobile Care Service with the Galaxy Tab Active that delivers up to a three-year extended warranty, covering accidental damage. Also, the remote Smart Tutor Service gives each Tab Active user a quick way to access tech support anywhere, anytime.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Active is available now in WiFi or WiFi + LTE variants with 16GB of storage with microSD card support for up to 64GB of space. The device is available in Titanium Green and comes with the protective cover and the C-Pen. Here’s the rest of the spec sheet:
- 1.2GHz quad-core processor
- 8” 1280×800 WXGA LCD display
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 3.1MP rear-facing camera + flash, 1.2MP front-facing camera
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light
- Memory: 1.5GB RAM
- Dimensions: 126.2x 213.1 x 9.75mm, 393g
- 4,450mAh user-replaceable battery