In an update to the Xbox One, Microsoft has improved a “number of social features” to make sharing your “gaming experiences with friends better and easier.” Here’s a shortlist of features in the update:
- Activity feed: Microsoft’s adding new ways for you to interact with friends in the activity feed. The interface will change to a single column scrolling list that is longer and includes more content. We’ll add the abilityto post text to your feed, and to “like” and comment on feed items. You can share game clips and anything else in the feed with friends either publically (to your activity feed) or privately (as an attachment to a message). You’ll also be notified when anyone likes, comments on or shares your items. Each user will get a personal feed on their profile, so you can see what specific friends have been up to. And, with SmartGlass, you can see what your friends have shared in their activity feed and like specific posts.
- Expanded friends area: Right from the Xbox One homescreen, stay up-to-date with your friends’ current activity, the top trending games they’re playring, and a leaderboard to see who has been working the hardest on their Gamerscore.
- Mobile purchase: Using Xbox Smartglass or Xbox.com, you can remotely purchase games and add-on content. If your console is set to automatically take updates, your consule will begin downloading your purchase immediately.
- Low battery notification: A notification will pop up when your controller battery is getting low.
- Disable notifications during video: Adds the ability to turn off notfications
- 3D Blu-ray enabled
- OneGuide in Brazil, Mexico, Austria and Ireland: Live TV listings can be configured for the aforementioned countries. There is an OneGuide Issue Reporter available under the TV & OneGuide settings under Troubleshooting.
- Last seen time in Friends list: The friends list will now show how long it’s been since a friend has been online.
Source: Xbox Wire