Koei Tecmo America unveiled the Samurai Warriors 4: Special Anime Pack, celebrating a decade of the tactical action series, exclusively on PlayStation.
Intended to honor “dedicated players of the series,” fans can look forward to a treasure trove of content in the special anime pack including:
- “Special Anime Pack” 10th anniversary collector’s edition packaging
- Samurai Warriors: Legend of the Sanada anime (Blu-ray disk)
- Samurai Warriors 4 game (PlayStation 4)
- Samurai Warriors 4 official soundtrack (CD)
- Special Costume Pack 4: Garcia, Ina, Nene and Oichi (DLC)
- Old Costume Pack 1: Yukimara, Mitisuhide, Nobunaga, Noh, Oichi, and Ranmaru (DLC)
- Edit Parts Pack 1 (allows facial and Western theme armor customization) (DLC)
The company also unveiled two pre-order incentives. At Gamestop:
- Scenario Pack 1: New stages (Sinister Beauties, Men of Charm and Courage), New items (Gold Lacquered Box, Lion Censer) DLC
- Special Costumes for Mitsunari Ishida and Toyohisa Shimazu DLC
At Amazon and Best Buy:
- Weapons Pack 1 DLC: New weapons for over 25 characters
- Old Costume Pack 2: Costumes inspired by the original Samurai Warriors for Keiji Maeda, Kenshin Uesugi, Kunoichi and Shingen Takeda
Nobuyuki Sanada and Yoshitsugu Otani join the fray, along with Takatora Todo, Naotora Li and Munenori Yagyu (previously only available in Japan) along with major overhauls of appearance and rearrangements in battle modes for fan-favorite characters such as Yukimura Sanada and Nobunaga Oda adding to the diverse range of more than 50 playable characters.
Battles are more thrilling than ever with new maneuvers including Hyper Attacks which allow for rapid moment on the battlefield combined with high powered attacks, a powerful Rage Attack which can be reached when the Spirit Gauge is fall, deadly finishing moves with Mighty Strikes and the ability to mount and dismount horses seamlessly, additionally existing moves have all been powered up from their previous iterations.
Enhancements and newly implemented gameplay systems create a deeper and more satisfying combat experience, including the all-new ability to switch between two characters in real-time, adjustments to morale, Officer development and the return of the popular portable item system found in Samurai Warriors 3 are just some of the features players will find to gain the advantage in combat.
The Story Mode portrays the tales surrounding the battles by faction, deepening the relationships between characters and is separated into two parts, regional stories, which tell the tales of the officers of various regions around the land such as Kyushu and Shikoku, and the story of unification, which details events up to the end of the Warring States era.
In the new Chronicle Mode, while completing various quests, meeting new officers and collecting items, players discover the world of Samurai Warriors through their own design with more ways to customize than ever before including a vastly upgraded Create Character system.
PlayStation 4 players will experience an even more engaging saga with highly detailed landscapes and breathtaking skies that reflect true to life lighting and shadow effects and battlegrounds packed with significantly more enemies on screen.
All modes can be played cooperatively via Network Play across the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Playstation Vita systems. Save data can also be shared across the three systems.
Samurai Warriors 4 is developed by Omega Force and published in North America by KOEI TECMO America. The PlayStation 3 and Vita versions will be available exclusively digitally through the PlayStation Store for $49.99 and $39.99, respectively. The PlayStation 3 standard edition will be available for $59.99 and the Special Anime Pack will be available at participating retailers for $74.99. The title has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB.