Sling Media announced the Slingbox M1 Wednesday, the company’s most affordable, yet powerful Slingbox yet.
With its $149.99 price tag, Slingbox M1 is designed for the “mainstream user who wants to have remote access to all of their home TV channels and shows as well as access to DVR content on personal computers, tablets and phones.” The Slingbox M1 is offered in a compact form factor that fits easily into an entertainment system. In addition, the Slingbox M1 integrates WiFi for simple network connectivity and utilizes the new Slingplayer for Desktop app for PCs and Macs. The new Slingplayer for Desktop app dramatically improves setup and configuration, allowing users to be “up and running in less than 10 minutes.” Furthermore, Sling customers will now be able to configures their new Slingbox M1 with a mobile device via the Slingplayer app for iOS as well as Android.
- Dual-band 2.4/5Ghz WiFi connectivity and Ethernet port
- Easy, quick setup and playback via PC/Mac desktop apps, iOS/Android apps
- Watch on a second TV via Apple TV/Roku
- Play and schedule DVR recordings
- Component/composite input/output
Source: Sling Media