MONTREAL — Today indie studio Spearhead Games and publisher 505 Games released a new (and completely free) update for co-op puzzler Tiny Brains on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC. Based on community feedback, Spearhead’s new content provides both brand-new levels and updates to existing content. And if you’re interesting in the game, now’s a great time to buy because Tiny Brains is now priced at $9.99 on all three platforms. Let’s break down what’s new.
In case you prefer to consume your content in video form, you can watch a video update trailer below.
For those that decided to stay with the written breakdown, here are the new features.
- 10 new time-based and puzzle challenges in the “Road to Stardom” game mode, including the Infernal Carousel, Battle of Sphereburg, and Matrix Ball
- A rebranded version of existing content in “Escape the Mad Lab” and a new star-based progression and scoring system in the revamped “Road to Stardom.”
- Souped-up superpower for the Minsc the hamster — Now, he can freeze objects with his ice blocks
- Updated user interface that allows players to better navigate throughout modes and challenges
- New online functionality for the demo, so trial players can host online games through Chapter 1 and join campaign games hosted by players with the full version
Source: Spearhead Games