BARCELONA, Spain — Samsung took the wraps off of two products at its MWC 2014 press event. The Gear Fit, which is aimed at the fitness market, and the company’s next flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S5.
The Samsung Gear Fit is a device aimed for the active consumer. Here’s the spec sheet:
- 1.84” Curved Super AMOLED (432×128) display
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate monitor
- Dimensions: 23.4 x 57.4 x 11.95mm, 27g
- 210mAH battery with 3-5 day battery life
The Fit provides consumers with instant notifications from Galaxy smartphones such as:
- incoming calls
- 3rd party apps
The Samsung Gear Fit will be available in April in black, orange and gray. Check out our full gallery below.
The Galaxy S5 was the most anticipated device from Samsung at Mobile World Congress. Samsung did not disappoint the crowds in Barcelona and at its New York satellite event.
Here’s the spec sheet:
- 5.1” Super AMOLED (1920×1080) display
- 2.5GHz Quad-core processor
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 16MP rear camera, 2MP front camera
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.0, NFC, IR Remote
- Accelerometer, gryoscope, proximity sensor, compass, barometer, RGB ambient light, gesture, fingerprint scanner, heart rate monitor
- 2GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage, microSD slot up to 64GB
- Dimensions: 142 x 72.5 x 8.1mm, 145g
- 2800mAh battery, 390 hours standby time, 21 hours talk time
The S5 features a 16-megapixel camera with a 0.3 second autofocus speed, which Samsung is called the world’s fastest autofocus, as well as HDR. Also, the Galaxy S5’s Selective Focus feature allows users to focus on a specific area of an object while simultaneously blurring out the background.
The Galaxy S5 also features 802.11ac WiFi and LTE Category 4 standard. The Galaxy S5 also features Download Booster for users that seeking an even faster connection by using LTE and WiFi simultaneously.
With S Health 3.0, the Galaxy S5 provides a personal fitness tracker to help users monitor and manage their behavior, along with a pedometer, diet and exercise records, as well as a built-in health rate monitor.
The Galaxy S5 is also dust and water resistant. The smartphone also offers a fingerprint scanner, which provides security for customers, similar to Apple’s TouchID feature. Its Ultra Power Saving Mode turns the display to black and white, and shuts down all unnecessary features to minimize the battery consumption.
The Galaxy S5 will be available in 150 countries on April 15 in black, white, blue and gold. Here in the US, it’ll be available on AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, MetroPCS and US Cellular. Check out our gallery below.
Source: Samsung Mobile