The fourth round of the FA Cup provided a mix of talking points this weekend, with the field now entering its more intriguing stages and the true contenders for the title rising to the fore.
The Premier League big guns were once again back in the spotlight, but the beauty of the tournament is its all-encompassing nature, where it’s not only the usual suspects who leave us with cause for chatter.
Some results stood out as especially important for certain sides, whether it be as a result of how their season has gone up until now or merely for the manner in which a win or loss came about.
FA Cup Results (as of Saturday, Jan. 25)
- Arsenal 4 – Coventry City 0
- Bournemouth 0 – Liverpool 2
- Birmingham City 1 – Swansea City 2
- Bolton Wanderers 0 – Cardiff City 1
- Huddersfield Town 0 – Charlton Athletic1
- Manchester City 4 – Watford 2
- Port’Vale 1 – Brighton & Hove Albion 3
- Rochdale 1 – Sheffield Wednesday 2
- Southampton 2 – Yeovil Town 0
- Southend United 0 – Hull City 2
- Sunderland 1 – Kidderminster Harriers 0
- Wigan Athletic 2 – Crystal Palace 1
Source: Bleacher Report